Saturday 21 February 2009

Hang on. Is that sunshine?


Finsbury Park, 3pm Saturday.

It's roasting. Is spring here?

Tonight is Mark Paytress' 50th birthday - something I've been looking forward to attending as he's a lovely man and it's a momentous event, but I've got a razorblade-sore throat, which I've been staving off all week with just minor cold symptoms and today I'm the illest I've been. Bah. I reckon it's punishment for going out yesterday and having two lunches. The first was at 4 Market Place with Lucy and Katie P - smashing scrambled egg - the second with Anna at Bar Remo, which used to look like this but has had a swanky refit and has kinda ditched the Builder's Breakfast in exchange for a date with the wood-fired pizza devil. A little pricier, but still lovely. Anyway, I decandantly had a coffee and an apple pie with cream. Then the air conditioning went down the back of my neck and - voila - A Bug's Life 2. I 've only just got rid of the dysentery I had the week before last *.

Anyway, here's to Mr Paytress and his Hollyhock Café celebration. I hope to get the full story and pics at a later date! I'm putting in a remote request for Good Vibrations by Psychic TV to be played at some point in the evening, in his honour. Happy birthday, Mark!




* it wasn't dysentery. It was a week of the sh[deleted from post by decency ed]ts.

1 comment:

  1. Don't come near me with your lurgi! Unclean!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your brainz here: