Thursday 19 February 2009

Lick Number One


As I write, I'm chomping through Lick Number One. It's some very fancy chocolate by Paul A Young, bought for me by Amy and James for my birthday which has lasted until now, unbelievably. But shan't much longer. It's a delicious milk pavĂ© (does that mean pavement?) with ras el hanout spices in. And some salt, I think. It doesn't say so on Paul A Young's site - not to be confused with the big quiffed 80s soul crooner of No Parlez fame (an album I got for my 14th birthday on cassette!) – but ras el hanout is a North African spice mix based on the phrase 'Top Of The Shop' in Arabic. This refers to - quoted from playingwithfireandwater.com - "Moroccan souks, where each merchant offers a house blend of his finest spices. These nuanced blends can include at least a dozen, and up to a hundred different spices, both common - nutmeg, mace, ginger, black pepper - and exotic - chufa nuts, ash berries, orisroot, cantharides and the now banned beetle spanish fly". The aphrodisiac?. Oh, hello. However, Spanish Fly was also the ingredient that made up the first stink bomb.


It's still yummy posh choc, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your brainz here: